MX23RW : Thursday, July 25 08:51:13| >> :300:86500:86500:
AFC Wimbledon
Accrington Stanley
Barrow
Bradford City
Bromley
Carlisle United
Cheltenham Town
Chesterfield
Colchester United
Crewe Alexandra
Doncaster Rovers
Fleetwood Town
Gillingham
Grimsby Town
Harrogate Town
MK Dons
Morecambe
Newport County
Notts County
Port Vale
Salford City
Swindon Town
Tranmere Rovers
Walsall
Newport County
League Two | Gameweek 45
Apr 20, 2024 at 3pm UK
Rodney Parade
Salford City

Newport
0 - 1
Salford City


Jameson (13'), Morris (42')
FT(HT: 0-0)
Smith (90+2')
Hendry (14'), McLennan (41'), Luamba (66')
Coverage of the League Two clash between Newport County and Salford City.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Newport 1-2 Tranmere
Saturday, April 13 at 3pm in League Two
Last Game: Salford City 1-2 Bradford
Saturday, April 13 at 3pm in League Two

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Salford City win with a probability of 41.94%. A win for Newport County had a probability of 34.05% and a draw had a probability of 24%.

The most likely scoreline for a Salford City win was 1-2 with a probability of 8.87%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 0-1 (7.7%) and 0-2 (6.2%). The likeliest Newport County win was 2-1 (7.87%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (11%). The actual scoreline of 0-1 was predicted with a 7.7% likelihood. Our data analysis correctly predicted that Salford City would win this match.

Result
Newport CountyDrawSalford City
34.05% (0.033000000000001 0.03) 24.01% (0.010000000000002 0.01) 41.94% (-0.042999999999999 -0.04)
Both teams to score 60.88% (-0.027999999999999 -0.03)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
58.6% (-0.039999999999999 -0.04)41.4% (0.042000000000002 0.04)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
36.2% (-0.039999999999999 -0.04)63.8% (0.041000000000004 0.04)
Newport County Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
76.07%23.93% (0.0010000000000012 0)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
41.86% (0.0019999999999953 0)58.14%
Salford City Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
80.03% (-0.034999999999997 -0.03)19.97% (0.035 0.04)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
47.86% (-0.056999999999995 -0.06)52.14% (0.056999999999995 0.06)
Score Analysis
    Newport County 34.05%
    Salford City 41.94%
    Draw 24%
Newport CountyDrawSalford City
2-1 @ 7.87% (0.0049999999999999 0)
1-0 @ 6.83% (0.013 0.01)
2-0 @ 4.89% (0.0089999999999995 0.01)
3-1 @ 3.75% (0.0020000000000002 0)
3-2 @ 3.02% (-0.00099999999999989 -0)
3-0 @ 2.33% (0.004 0)
4-1 @ 1.34% (0.0010000000000001 0)
4-2 @ 1.08%
Other @ 2.93%
Total : 34.05%
1-1 @ 11%
2-2 @ 6.34% (-0.0030000000000001 -0)
0-0 @ 4.78% (0.0089999999999995 0.01)
3-3 @ 1.62% (-0.0029999999999999 -0)
Other @ 0.26%
Total : 24%
1-2 @ 8.87% (-0.0039999999999996 -0)
0-1 @ 7.7% (0.0060000000000002 0.01)
0-2 @ 6.2% (-0.0030000000000001 -0)
1-3 @ 4.76% (-0.008 -0.01)
2-3 @ 3.41% (-0.0050000000000003 -0.01)
0-3 @ 3.33% (-0.0049999999999999 -0)
1-4 @ 1.92% (-0.006 -0.01)
2-4 @ 1.37% (-0.004 -0)
0-4 @ 1.34% (-0.0030000000000001 -0)
Other @ 3.05%
Total : 41.94%

Head to Head
Sep 30, 2023 3pm
Gameweek 10
Salford City
2-1
Newport
Lund (25'), Drysdale (45+6' og.)
Tilt (41')
Morris (31')
Wildig (5'), Morris (56'), Evans (61')
Mar 4, 2023 3pm
Gameweek 35
Salford City
3-1
Newport
Hendry (45+1'), McAleny (46'), Smith (90+5')
Charsley (29')
Aug 16, 2022 7.45pm
Gameweek 4
Newport
2-3
Salford City
Bennett (72'), Bogle (75')
Demetriou (18'), Lewis (39'), Bogle (73')
Bolton (54'), Norman (57' og.), Leak (83')
Nartey (10'), Vassell (74')
Jan 8, 2022 3pm
Gameweek 26
Newport
0-2
Salford City

Norman (72')
Azaz (44' og.), Thomas-Asante (52')
Lund (72')
Aug 28, 2021 3pm
Gameweek 5
Salford City
3-0
Newport
Wright (1'), McAleny (18'), Henderson (30')
Touray (32'), Morris (41'), Henderson (60'), N’Mai (90+1')

Abraham (45+3'), Upson (72'), Norman (74')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Accrington StanleyAccrington00000000
2AFC Wimbledon00000000
3BarrowBarrow00000000
4Bradford CityBradford00000000
5Bromley00000000
6Carlisle UnitedCarlisle00000000
7Cheltenham TownCheltenham00000000
8Chesterfield00000000
9Colchester UnitedColchester00000000
10Crewe AlexandraCrewe00000000
11Doncaster RoversDoncaster00000000
12Fleetwood TownFleetwood00000000
13Gillingham00000000
14Grimsby Town00000000
15Harrogate TownHarrogate00000000
16MK Dons00000000
17Morecambe00000000
18Newport CountyNewport00000000
19Notts County00000000
20Port Vale00000000
21Salford City00000000
22Swindon TownSwindon00000000
23Tranmere RoversTranmere00000000
24Walsall00000000


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!