MX23RW : Sunday, June 23 23:25:18| >> :300:86500:86500:
Arsenal logo
Aston Villa logo
Bournemouth logo
Brentford logo
Brighton logo
Burnley logo
Chelsea logo
Crystal Palace logo
Everton logo
Fulham logo
Liverpool logo
Luton Town
Manchester City logo
Manchester United logo
Newcastle logo
Nottingham Forest logo
Sheffield United logo
Spurs logo
West Ham logo
Wolves logo
Newcastle logo
Premier League | Gameweek 37
May 11, 2024 at 3pm UK
St. James' Park
Brighton logo

Newcastle
1 - 1
Brighton

Longstaff (45+5')
Hall (79'), Barnes (88'), Almiron (90+3')
FT(HT: 1-1)
Veltman (18')
Gilmour (45+4'), Enciso (54'), Welbeck (77'), Baker-Boatiey (90+5')

The Match

Match Report

Newcastle United's European aspirations suffer a slight blow in a 1-1 Premier League draw with Brighton & Hove Albion at St James' Park.

Preview

Sports Mole previews Saturday's Premier League clash between Newcastle United and Brighton & Hove Albion, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Burnley 1-4 Newcastle
Saturday, May 4 at 3pm in Premier League
Last Game: Brighton 1-0 Aston Villa
Sunday, May 5 at 2pm in Premier League

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Newcastle United win with a probability of 55.58%. A win for Brighton & Hove Albion had a probability of 24.93% and a draw had a probability of 19.5%.

The most likely scoreline for a Newcastle United win was 2-1 with a probability of 8.62%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 3-1 (6.79%) and 2-0 (5.54%). The likeliest Brighton & Hove Albion win was 1-2 (5.69%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (7.3%). The actual scoreline of 1-1 was predicted with a 7.3% likelihood.

Result
Newcastle UnitedDrawBrighton & Hove Albion
55.58% (0.082000000000001 0.08) 19.49% (-0.073 -0.07) 24.93% (-0.0070000000000014 -0.01)
Both teams to score 71.5% (0.28800000000001 0.29)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
74.98% (0.36 0.36)25.02% (-0.358 -0.36)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
55.06% (0.46899999999999 0.47)44.94% (-0.467 -0.47)
Newcastle United Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
90.57% (0.136 0.14)9.43% (-0.1341 -0.13)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
68.3% (0.313 0.31)31.7% (-0.311 -0.31)
Brighton & Hove Albion Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
78.94% (0.2 0.2)21.06% (-0.198 -0.2)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
46.14% (0.311 0.31)53.86% (-0.307 -0.31)
Score Analysis
    Newcastle United 55.58%
    Brighton & Hove Albion 24.93%
    Draw 19.49%
Newcastle UnitedDrawBrighton & Hove Albion
2-1 @ 8.62% (-0.046999999999999 -0.05)
3-1 @ 6.79% (0.0030000000000001 0)
2-0 @ 5.54% (-0.064 -0.06)
3-2 @ 5.29% (0.035 0.04)
1-0 @ 4.69% (-0.082 -0.08)
3-0 @ 4.36% (-0.024999999999999 -0.02)
4-1 @ 4.01% (0.026 0.03)
4-2 @ 3.12% (0.039 0.04)
4-0 @ 2.57%
5-1 @ 1.89% (0.023 0.02)
4-3 @ 1.62% (0.03 0.03)
5-2 @ 1.47% (0.027 0.03)
5-0 @ 1.22% (0.008 0.01)
Other @ 4.39%
Total : 55.58%
1-1 @ 7.3% (-0.084 -0.08)
2-2 @ 6.72% (0.0039999999999996 0)
3-3 @ 2.75% (0.035 0.04)
0-0 @ 1.99% (-0.046 -0.05)
Other @ 0.73%
Total : 19.49%
1-2 @ 5.69% (-0.029999999999999 -0.03)
2-3 @ 3.49% (0.024 0.02)
0-1 @ 3.09% (-0.054 -0.05)
1-3 @ 2.96% (0.0030000000000001 0)
0-2 @ 2.41% (-0.028 -0.03)
2-4 @ 1.36% (0.018 0.02)
0-3 @ 1.25% (-0.0070000000000001 -0.01)
1-4 @ 1.15% (0.008 0.01)
3-4 @ 1.07% (0.019 0.02)
Other @ 2.47%
Total : 24.93%

How you voted: Newcastle vs Brighton

Newcastle United
80.1%
Draw
11.3%
Brighton & Hove Albion
8.6%
151
Head to Head
Sep 2, 2023 5.30pm
Gameweek 4
Brighton
3-1
Newcastle
Ferguson (27', 65', 70')
Lamptey (83'), Milner (86'), Dahoud (90+5'), Lallana (90+8')
Wilson (90+2')
Gordon (23'), Schar (43'), Targett (68'), Burn (76')
Jul 29, 2023 12.30am
Club Friendlies
Brighton
1-2
Newcastle
Anderson (86', 90')
Guimaraes (30'), Pope (74')
May 18, 2023 7.30pm
Gameweek 25
Newcastle
4-1
Brighton
Undav (22' og.), Burn (45+4'), Wilson (89'), Guimaraes (90+1')
Guimaraes (30'), Schar (45+3')
Undav (51')
Undav (45+2'), Gross (57'), Mac Allister (64'), Paul van Hecke (80')
Aug 13, 2022 3pm
Gameweek 2
Brighton
0-0
Newcastle
Mac Allister (34'), March (58')
Saint-Maximin (22'), Joelinton (58'), Schar (90+3')
Mar 5, 2022 3pm
Gameweek 28
Newcastle
2-1
Brighton
Fraser (12'), Schar (14')
Joelinton (87')
Dunk (55')
Duffy (63')
rhs 2.0
Euro 2024 fixtures header
Monday, June 24
 
8pm
 
8pm
Tuesday, June 25
 
5pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
 
8pm
Wednesday, June 26
 
5pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
 
8pm
Saturday, June 29
Sunday, June 30
Monday, July 1
Tuesday, July 2
Friday, July 5
Saturday, July 6
Tuesday, July 9
Wednesday, July 10
Sunday, July 14
Tables header RHS

Group A

TeamPWDLPTS
Q Germany Germany32107
Q Switzerland Switzerland31205
3 Hungary Hungary31023
4 Scotland flag Scotland30121

Group B

TeamPWDLPTS
Q Spain Spain22006
2 Italy Italy21013
3 Albania national flag Albania20111
4 Croatia Croatia20111

Group C

TeamPWDLPTS
1 England flag England21104
2 Denmark Denmark20202
3 Slovenia Slovenia20202
4 Serbia Serbia20111

Group D

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Netherlands Netherlands21104
2 France France21104
3 Austria Austria21013
4 Poland Poland20020

Group E

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Romania Romania21013
2 Belgium Belgium21013
3 Slovakia Slovakia21013
4 Ukraine Ukraine21013

Group F

TeamPWDLPTS
Q Portugal Portugal22006
2 Turkey Turkey21013
3 Czech Republic Czech Republic20111
4 Georgia Georgia20111


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!