MX23RW : Thursday, June 20 12:15:23| >> :300:86500:86500:
Argentine Primera Division | Gameweek 3
May 25, 2024 at 7pm UK
Estadio Diego Armando Maradona

Argentinos Jrs
1 - 0
River Plate

Lescano (40')
Vega (20'), Galvan (73'), Heredia (75')
FT(HT: 1-0)

Aliendro (35'), Borja (45'), Villagra (51'), Solari (75'), Echeverri (85'), Diaz (90+3')

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Saturday's Argentine Primera Division clash between Argentinos Juniors and River Plate, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Racing 3-0 Argentinos Jrs
Tuesday, May 21 at 1.15am in Argentine Primera Division
Last Game: River Plate 3-0 Belgrano
Saturday, May 18 at 10pm in Argentine Primera Division

We said: Argentinos Juniors 1-1 River Plate

Two of the division's strongest teams competing against each other is likely to provide a closely fought contest, which is why it would not be a shock to see them draw. While the visitors might be slight favourites due to the season they have had, seeing them play to a draw could be the likely outcome. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a River Plate win with a probability of 40.97%. A win for Argentinos Juniors had a probability of 33.32% and a draw had a probability of 25.7%.

The most likely scoreline for a River Plate win was 0-1 with a probability of 9.63%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 1-2 (8.74%) and 0-2 (6.9%). The likeliest Argentinos Juniors win was 1-0 (8.51%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (12.2%). The actual scoreline of 1-0 was predicted with an 8.5% likelihood.

Result
Argentinos JuniorsDrawRiver Plate
33.32% (-0.015999999999998 -0.02) 25.71% (-0.035 -0.04) 40.97% (0.052 0.05)
Both teams to score 54.69% (0.113 0.11)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
50.64% (0.149 0.15)49.36% (-0.147 -0.15)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
28.59% (0.134 0.13)71.41% (-0.13199999999999 -0.13)
Argentinos Juniors Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
71.83% (0.061999999999998 0.06)28.17% (-0.059999999999999 -0.06)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
36.14% (0.076999999999998 0.08)63.86% (-0.076000000000001 -0.08)
River Plate Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
76.14% (0.093000000000004 0.09)23.86% (-0.091000000000001 -0.09)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
41.95% (0.133 0.13)58.04% (-0.13 -0.13)
Score Analysis
    Argentinos Juniors 33.32%
    River Plate 40.97%
    Draw 25.71%
Argentinos JuniorsDrawRiver Plate
1-0 @ 8.51% (-0.036000000000001 -0.04)
2-1 @ 7.73% (0.0010000000000003 0)
2-0 @ 5.39% (-0.014 -0.01)
3-1 @ 3.26% (0.0059999999999998 0.01)
3-2 @ 2.34% (0.0099999999999998 0.01)
3-0 @ 2.28% (-0.0019999999999998 -0)
4-1 @ 1.03% (0.004 0)
Other @ 2.77%
Total : 33.32%
1-1 @ 12.2% (-0.020000000000001 -0.02)
0-0 @ 6.72% (-0.04 -0.04)
2-2 @ 5.54% (0.016 0.02)
3-3 @ 1.12% (0.008 0.01)
Other @ 0.14%
Total : 25.71%
0-1 @ 9.63% (-0.032 -0.03)
1-2 @ 8.74% (0.0090000000000003 0.01)
0-2 @ 6.9% (-0.0049999999999999 -0)
1-3 @ 4.18% (0.016 0.02)
0-3 @ 3.3% (0.0070000000000001 0.01)
2-3 @ 2.65% (0.014 0.01)
1-4 @ 1.5% (0.01 0.01)
0-4 @ 1.18% (0.0050000000000001 0.01)
2-4 @ 0.95% (0.008 0.01)
Other @ 1.95%
Total : 40.97%

Head to Head
Jan 28, 2024 10pm
Gameweek 1
River Plate
1-1
Argentinos Jrs
Borja (45+1')
Herrera (78'), Diaz (85'), Fonseca (90+5')
Gabriel Montiel (84')
Rodriguez (81'), Gabriel Montiel (85'), Moyano (90+3')
Aug 21, 2023 1am
Gameweek 1
Argentinos Jrs
3-2
River Plate
Di Cesare (11'), Gondou (44', 57')
Villalba (40'), Redondo (74')
Palavecino (27'), Barco (41')
Diaz (34'), Kranevitter (43'), Aliendro (45+1'), Perez (82')
Feb 12, 2023 10.15pm
Gameweek 3
River Plate
2-1
Argentinos Jrs
Borja (50' pen.), Barco (71' pen.)
Oct 3, 2022 12.30am
Apr 10, 2022 11pm
Gameweek 9
River Plate
4-2
Argentinos Jrs
Suarez (6'), Fernandez (9'), Quintero (67' pen.), Herrera (89')
Avalos (39'), Villalba (50')
Florentin (12'), Villalba (24'), Torren (26'), Galarza (90+2')
Torren (65')
rhs 2.0
Euro 2024 fixtures header
Thursday, June 20
 
2pm
 
8pm
Group Stage
Spain
vs.
Italy
Friday, June 21
 
2pm
 
5pm
Saturday, June 22
 
5pm
 
8pm
Sunday, June 23
 
8pm
 
8pm
Monday, June 24
 
8pm
 
8pm
Tuesday, June 25
 
5pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
 
8pm
Wednesday, June 26
 
5pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
 
8pm
Saturday, June 29
Sunday, June 30
Monday, July 1
Tuesday, July 2
Friday, July 5
Saturday, July 6
Tuesday, July 9
Wednesday, July 10
Sunday, July 14
Tables header RHS

Group A

TeamPWDLPTS
Q Germany Germany22006
2 Switzerland Switzerland21104
3 Scotland flag Scotland20111
4 Hungary Hungary20020

Group B

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Spain Spain11003
2 Italy Italy11003
3 Albania national flag Albania20111
4 Croatia Croatia20111

Group C

TeamPWDLPTS
1 England flag England11003
2 Denmark Denmark10101
3 Slovenia Slovenia10101
4 Serbia Serbia10010

Group D

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Netherlands Netherlands11003
2 France France11003
3 Poland Poland10010
4 Austria Austria10010

Group E

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Romania Romania11003
2 Slovakia Slovakia11003
3 Belgium Belgium10010
4 Ukraine Ukraine10010

Group F

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Turkey Turkey11003
2 Portugal Portugal11003
3 Czech Republic Czech Republic10010
4 Georgia Georgia10010


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!