MX23RW : Saturday, July 20 13:46:04| >> :120:68014:68014:
[monks data]
Valencia logo
La Liga | Gameweek 34
Apr 30, 2022 at 5.30pm UK
Mestalla
Levante logo

Valencia
1 - 1
Levante

Duro (27')
Guedes (23'), Alderete (38'), Mamardashvili (70'), Guillamon (84')
Gaya (31')
FT(HT: 1-0)
Duarte (81')
Radoja (36'), Son (38'), Duarte (85')

Preview: Valencia vs. Levante - prediction, team news, lineups

Sports Mole previews Saturday's La Liga clash between Valencia and Levante, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

The latest edition of the Valencia derby will take place at Mestalla on Saturday evening, as top-10 hopefuls Valencia welcome relegation-threatened Levante for a key battle.

Valencia lost on penalties to Real Betis in the Copa del Rey final last weekend, while Levante, who sit 19th in the table, will enter the match off the back of a 3-2 home defeat to Sevilla.


Match preview

Valencia's Yunus Musah celebrates scoring their first goal with teammates on January 22, 2022© Reuters

Valencia's Hugo Duro cancelled out an early effort from Real Betis forward Borja Iglesias in last weekend's Copa del Rey final, with the contest ultimately being decided by a penalty shootout, and it was the Green and Whites that triumphed 5-4 on spot kicks, as Yunus Musah missed a crucial effort at 3-3.

Real Betis were arguably deserved winners due to their superiority on the night, and the result made it three straight defeats for Valencia, with the team also losing their last two in the league to Osasuna and Villarreal.

Los Che are currently 10th in the table, boasting 42 points from their 33 matches, just two points behind ninth-placed Osasuna, but they are also only four points clear of 14th-placed Elche.

As a result, a lot could change in the final weeks of the campaign, and Jose Bordalas's side have two tough matches after this one against Athletic Bilbao and Real Betis before taking on Espanyol and Celta Vigo in their final two league fixtures of the season.

Valencia have won 21 of their 37 matches against Levante in all competitions, suffering just eight defeats in the process, and they recorded a 4-3 victory in the reverse game between the two rivals back in December.

Levante's Gonzalo Melero celebrates scoring their first goal on February 16, 2022© Reuters

Levante have incredibly never beaten Valencia at Mestalla, which is an indication of the size of their task this weekend, but it would be the perfect time to end that long winless run.

Indeed, the Frogs are battling for their lives towards the bottom of the division, currently sitting in 19th position, boasting 25 points from their 33 matches, which has left them six points behind 17th-placed Cadiz.

Alessio Lisci's side recorded an impressive 4-1 win over Granada on April 17 but could not build on that result, losing 3-2 at home to Sevilla last Thursday, and they will need to put together a brilliant run in the latter stages of the season to avoid being relegated for the first time since 2016.

Levante will face Real Sociedad and Real Madrid in their two matches after this one, before ending the season with games against Alaves and Rayo Vallecano, but it remains to be seen whether they are still alive heading into the final straight.

Lisci's team have only picked up nine points from their 16 away league matches this season, but Valencia's home form this term has been disappointing, collecting just 22 points from 16 fixtures.

Valencia La Liga form:
  • D
  • W
  • D
  • D
  • L
  • L

Valencia form (all competitions):
  • W
  • D
  • D
  • L
  • L
  • L

Levante La Liga form:
  • D
  • L
  • W
  • L
  • W
  • L



Team News

Valencia's Hugo Duro celebrates scoring their first goal with teammates on September 19, 2021© Reuters

Valencia will be missing Ilaix Moriba this weekend due to the yellow card that the midfielder picked up in the 2-0 defeat to Villarreal on April 19.

Los Che are otherwise in strong shape, and it would not be a surprise to see close to the same XI that took to the field for the first whistle against Real Betis last weekend.

Moriba's absence, though, will open the door for Uros Racic to feature in midfield, while there could be a change on the right, with Thierry Correia pushing to replace Dimitri Foulquier.

As for Levante, Roger Marti, Shkodran Mustafi, Martin Caceres, Jorge de Frutos and Carlos Clerc remain on the sidelines for this weekend's Valencia derby.

Sergio Postigo is also a major doubt due to the problem that forced him to be withdrawn in the first half against Sevilla last time out, so Oscar Duarte could come into the back five.

Jose Luis Morales and Dani Gomez should again play as a front two, but there could be an alteration in the middle of the park, with Enis Bardhi potentially taking the place of Gonzalo Melero.

Valencia possible starting lineup:
Mamardashvili; Diakhaby, Paulista, Alderete; Correia, Guillamon, Racic, Gaya; Soler, Guedes, Duro

Levante possible starting lineup:
Cardenas; Miramon, Rober, Duarte, Vezo, Son; Radoja, Pepelu, Bardhi; D Gomez, Morales


SM words green background

We say: Valencia 2-1 Levante

It is difficult to ignore Levante's record at Mestalla, with Valencia enjoying so much success at home against their bitter rivals. The visitors need the points to boost their relegation hopes, but we are finding it tough to back anything other than a home success on Saturday evening.



Top tip

Our expert tipster partners at Sporita.com are predicting under 3.5 goals in this match. Click here to find out what else they are predicting for this game and for more of their tried-and-tested football tips.Under 3.5:data



ID:484477:1false2false3false:QQ:: from db desktop :LenBod:collect10513:

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Valencia win with a probability of 50.5%. A win for Levante had a probability of 25% and a draw had a probability of 24.5%.

The most likely scoreline for a Valencia win was 1-0 with a probability of 10.73%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 2-1 (9.58%) and 2-0 (8.84%). The likeliest Levante win was 0-1 (7.07%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (11.63%). The actual scoreline of 1-1 was predicted with an 11.6% likelihood.


Previews by email

Click here to get Sports Mole's daily email of previews and predictions for every major game!


Game History

How you voted: Valencia vs Levante

Valencia
77.3%
Draw
11.4%
Levante
11.4%
44
Collect / Create New Data
Share this article now:
Real Madrid forward Rodrygo celebrates scoring against Chelsea on April 12, 2022.
Read Next:
Sunday's La Liga predictions including Sevilla vs. Real Madrid
>
Sports Mole Logo
Enter your email address to subscribe to Sports Mole's free match previews newsletter! Updates are sent twice a week.
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Athletic Bilbao00000000
2Atletico MadridAtletico00000000
3Celta Vigo00000000
4AlavesAlaves00000000
5Espanyol00000000
6Barcelona00000000
7Getafe00000000
8GironaGirona00000000
9Las PalmasLas Palmas00000000
10Leganes00000000
11Mallorca00000000
12Osasuna00000000
13Rayo Vallecano00000000
14Real BetisBetis00000000
15Real Madrid00000000
16Real Sociedad00000000
17Real ValladolidValladolid00000000
18Sevilla00000000
19Valencia00000000
20Villarreal00000000


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!