MX23RW : Wednesday, July 24 11:50:14| >> :600:240636:240636:
Spain national football team
European Championship | Quarter-Finals
Jul 5, 2024 at 5pm UK
Mercedes-Benz-Arena
Germany national football team

Spain
2 - 1
Germany

Olmo (51'), Merino (119')
Le Normand (29'), Torres (74'), Simon (82'), Carvajal (100'), Rodri (110'), Ruiz (120')
Carvajal (120+6')
FT
(aet)
Wirtz (89')
Rudiger (13'), Raum (28'), Andrich (56'), Kroos (67'), Mittelstadt (73'), Schlotterbeck (89'), Wirtz (94'), Undav (113')

The Match

Analysis

Sports Mole analyses Spain's 2-1 victory over Germany in the quarter-finals of Euro 2024, including highlights, man of the match and stats.

Match Report

Germany exit Euro 2024 at the quarter-final stage, losing to Spain 2-1 due to a 119th-minute winner from La Roja substitute Mikel Merino.

Preview

Sports Mole previews Friday's Euro 2024 quarter-final clash between Spain and Germany, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Predicted Lineups

Sports Mole takes an in-depth look at how Spain could line up for Friday's Euro 2024 quarter-final clash with Germany.

Form, Standings, Stats

All competitions
European Championship
Last Game: Spain 4-1 Georgia
Sunday, June 30 at 8pm in European Championship
Current Group B Standings P GD PTS
1Spain359
2Italy304
3Croatia3-32
4Albania3-21
All competitions
European Championship
Last Game: Germany 2-0 Denmark
Saturday, June 29 at 8pm in European Championship

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Spain win with a probability of 47.32%. A win for Germany had a probability of 28.79% and a draw had a probability of 23.9%.

The most likely scoreline for a Spain win was 2-1 with a probability of 9.4%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 1-0 (8.76%) and 2-0 (7.4%). The likeliest Germany win was 1-2 (7.06%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (11.11%).

Result
SpainDrawGermany
47.32% (-0.572 -0.57) 23.89% (-0.0060000000000002 -0.01) 28.79% (0.573 0.57)
Both teams to score 58.66% (0.436 0.44)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
56.8% (0.386 0.39)43.2% (-0.392 -0.39)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
34.4% (0.382 0.38)65.59% (-0.387 -0.39)
Spain Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
81.57% (-0.079000000000008 -0.08)18.43% (0.073 0.07)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
50.41% (-0.13 -0.13)49.59% (0.124 0.12)
Germany Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
71.9% (0.59999999999999 0.6)28.09% (-0.605 -0.61)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
36.24% (0.756 0.76)63.76% (-0.76199999999999 -0.76)
Score Analysis
    Spain 47.32%
    Germany 28.79%
    Draw 23.89%
SpainDrawGermany
2-1 @ 9.4% (-0.048 -0.05)
1-0 @ 8.76% (-0.173 -0.17)
2-0 @ 7.4% (-0.165 -0.17)
3-1 @ 5.3% (-0.04 -0.04)
3-0 @ 4.17% (-0.104 -0.1)
3-2 @ 3.37% (0.031 0.03)
4-1 @ 2.24% (-0.023 -0.02)
4-0 @ 1.77% (-0.048 -0.05)
4-2 @ 1.42% (0.01 0.01)
Other @ 3.49%
Total : 47.32%
1-1 @ 11.11% (-0.030000000000001 -0.03)
2-2 @ 5.97% (0.07 0.07)
0-0 @ 5.18% (-0.09 -0.09)
3-3 @ 1.42% (0.037 0.04)
Other @ 0.21%
Total : 23.89%
1-2 @ 7.06% (0.099 0.1)
0-1 @ 6.57% (-0.0019999999999998 -0)
0-2 @ 4.17% (0.068 0.07)
1-3 @ 2.99% (0.091 0.09)
2-3 @ 2.53% (0.071 0.07)
0-3 @ 1.77% (0.058 0.06)
1-4 @ 0.95% (0.044 0.04)
Other @ 2.76%
Total : 28.79%

How you voted: England vs Switzerland

Winner Match 39
57.0%
Draw
24.7%
Winner Match 37
18.3%
644
Head to Head
Nov 27, 2022 7pm
Group Stage
Spain
1-1
Germany
Morata (62')
Fullkrug (83')
Nov 17, 2020 7.45pm
League A
Spain
6-0
Germany
Morata (17'), Torres (33', 55', 71'), Rodri (38'), Oyarzabal (89')

Koch (37'), Tah (67')
Sep 3, 2020 7.45pm
League A
Germany
1-1
Spain
Werner (51')
Gaya (90+6')
Mar 26, 2020 7.45pm
International Friendlies
Spain
P-P
Germany
Mar 23, 2018 7.45pm
International Friendlies
Germany
1-1
Spain
Muller (35')
Rodrigo (6')
Build-up
Spain's Lamine Yamal celebrates their second goal on June 30, 2024
Spain lineup vs. Germany: Predicted XI for Euro 2024 quarter-final match
Sports Mole takes an in-depth look at how Spain could line up for Friday's Euro 2024 quarter-final clash with Germany.
Jul 3, 16:21
Germany's Jonathan Tah pictured on June 23, 2024 [IMAGO]
Germany lineup vs. Spain: Predicted XI for Euro 2024 quarter-final match
Sports Mole takes an in-depth look at how Germany could line up for Friday's Euro 2024 quarter-final clash with Spain.
Jul 3, 16:22
Germany's Toni Kroos in action on March 26, 2024
Spain attacker says La Roja plan to "retire" Germany's Toni Kroos on Friday
Spain's Joselu hopes that his team will "retire" ex-Real Madrid teammate Toni Kroos in Friday's Euro 2024 quarter-final with Germany.
Jul 3, 16:29
Germany's Toni Kroos before the match on June 23, 2024
Euro 2024: Germany's Toni Kroos praises two Spain stars ahead of quarter-final
Germany midfielder Toni Kroos talks up the qualities of two key Spain players ahead of Friday's Euro 2024 quarter-final showdown in Stuttgart.
Jul 4, 12:00
Spain head coach Luis de la Fuente on June 20, 2024
Euro 2024: Spain boss makes incredibly bold claim ahead of Germany showdown
Spain boss Luis de la Fuente says that La Roja "have the best team and the best players" ahead of Friday's Euro 2024 quarter-final with Germany.
Jul 4, 18:04
Germany head coach Julian Nagelsmann reacts on June 23, 2024
Euro 2024: Germany at risk of making unwanted history in Spain clash
Germany are at risk of earning an unwanted slice of Euros history in Friday's quarter-final showdown with Spain at the MHPArena.
Jul 5, 10:10
Spain's Lamine Yamal celebrates after Dani Olmo scores their first goal on July 5, 2024
Spain 2-1 Germany live commentary: Mikel Merino surely sends Spain into semis
Sports Mole brings you live text coverage of Friday's Euro 2024 quarter-final between Spain and Germany at the MHPArena in Stuttgart.
Jul 5, 16:30
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Bournemouth00000000
2Arsenal00000000
3Aston Villa00000000
4Brentford00000000
5Brighton & Hove AlbionBrighton00000000
6Chelsea00000000
7Crystal Palace00000000
8Everton00000000
9Fulham00000000
10Ipswich TownIpswich00000000
11Leicester CityLeicester00000000
12Liverpool00000000
13Manchester CityMan City00000000
14Manchester UnitedMan Utd00000000
15Newcastle UnitedNewcastle00000000
16Nottingham ForestNott'm Forest00000000
17Southampton00000000
18Tottenham HotspurSpurs00000000
19West Ham UnitedWest Ham00000000
20Wolverhampton WanderersWolves00000000


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!