MX23RW : Wednesday, July 24 09:45:34| >> :600:233156:233156:
England national football team
European Championship | Round of 16
Jun 30, 2024 at 5pm UK
VELTINS-Arena
Slovakia national football team

England
2 - 1
Slovakia

Bellingham (90+5'), Kane (91')
Guehi (3'), Mainoo (7'), Bellingham (17')
FT
(aet)
Schranz (25')
Kucka (13'), Skriniar (45+1'), Pekarik (77'), Vavro (108'), Gyomber (114'), Suslov (120+1')

The Match

Analysis

Sports Mole analyses England's Euro 2024 last-16 victory against Slovakia, including highlights, man of the match and stats.

Match Report

England set up a Euro 2024 quarter-final against Switzerland thanks to a phenomenal 2-1 comeback win over Slovakia after extra time in Sunday's last-16 clash.

Team News

England manager Gareth Southgate makes one change for Sunday's Euro 2024 last-16 clash with Slovakia, as Kobbie Mainoo comes into the midfield.

Preview

Sports Mole previews Sunday's European Championship clash between England and Slovakia, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Predicted Lineups

Sports Mole takes an in-depth look at how England could line up for Sunday's Euro 2024 clash with Slovakia.

Form, Standings, Stats

All competitions
European Championship
Last Game: England 0-0 Slovenia
Tuesday, June 25 at 8pm in European Championship
All competitions
European Championship
Last Game: Slovakia 1-1 Romania
Wednesday, June 26 at 5pm in European Championship

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a England win with a probability of 53.15%. A draw had a probability of 24.7% and a win for Slovakia had a probability of 22.14%.

The most likely scoreline for a England win was 1-0 with a probability of 12.25%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 2-0 (9.99%) and 2-1 (9.57%). The likeliest drawn scoreline was 1-1 (11.73%), while for a Slovakia win it was 0-1 (7.2%).

Result
EnglandDrawSlovakia
53.15% (0.064999999999998 0.06) 24.71% (0.13 0.13) 22.14% (-0.198 -0.2)
Both teams to score 49.56% (-0.63 -0.63)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
47.87% (-0.712 -0.71)52.13% (0.71 0.71)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
26.15% (-0.619 -0.62)73.85% (0.616 0.62)
England Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
80.42% (-0.25 -0.25)19.57% (0.248 0.25)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
48.5% (-0.409 -0.41)51.5% (0.407 0.41)
Slovakia Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
61.62% (-0.591 -0.59)38.38% (0.589 0.59)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
24.87% (-0.57 -0.57)75.13% (0.568 0.57)
Score Analysis
    England 53.14%
    Slovakia 22.14%
    Draw 24.7%
EnglandDrawSlovakia
1-0 @ 12.25% (0.25 0.25)
2-0 @ 9.99% (0.126 0.13)
2-1 @ 9.57% (-0.033000000000001 -0.03)
3-0 @ 5.43% (0.026 0.03)
3-1 @ 5.2% (-0.059 -0.06)
3-2 @ 2.49% (-0.069 -0.07)
4-0 @ 2.22% (-0.0060000000000002 -0.01)
4-1 @ 2.12% (-0.041 -0.04)
4-2 @ 1.02% (-0.036 -0.04)
Other @ 2.86%
Total : 53.14%
1-1 @ 11.73% (0.050000000000001 0.05)
0-0 @ 7.51% (0.209 0.21)
2-2 @ 4.58% (-0.09 -0.09)
Other @ 0.88%
Total : 24.7%
0-1 @ 7.2% (0.088 0.09)
1-2 @ 5.62% (-0.065 -0.07)
0-2 @ 3.45% (-0.013 -0.01)
1-3 @ 1.79% (-0.05 -0.05)
2-3 @ 1.46% (-0.053 -0.05)
0-3 @ 1.1% (-0.022 -0.02)
Other @ 1.53%
Total : 22.14%

How you voted: England vs Slovakia

England
78.9%
Slovakia
21.1%
622
Head to Head
Sep 4, 2017 7.45pm
Sep 4, 2016 5pm
Jun 20, 2016 8pm
Group Stage
Slovakia
0-0
England
Pecovsky (24')
Bertrand (52')
Build-up
England's Declan Rice, Kieran Trippier and Jude Bellingham during the warm up before the match on June 25, 2024
England Euro 2024 injury latest as duo miss team training before Slovakia
England duo Declan Rice and Kieran Trippier are both absent from team training three days before the Three Lions face Slovakia in the last 16 of Euro 2024.
Jun 27, 13:25
England's Jude Bellingham, Bukayo Saka, Kyle Walker and Phil Foden line up during the national anthems before the match on June 25, 2024
Phil Foden update: Decision made on England return for Euro 2024 Slovakia clash
A decision is made over when Phil Foden will return to England's training camp ahead of Sunday's Euro 2024 last-16 clash with Slovakia after the birth of his third child.
Jun 27, 23:15
England manager Gareth Southgate pictured on June 11, 2024
England handed major Euro 2024 Slovakia boost as star returns to training
England attacker Phil Foden returns to training with the Three Lions ahead of their Euro 2024 last-16 tie with Slovakia after the birth of his third child.
Jun 28, 12:50
England's Anthony Gordon during the press conference on June 28, 2024
Euro 2024: Anthony Gordon reveals why he should start for England against Slovakia
Anthony Gordon stakes his claim to start for England in Sunday's Euro 2024 last-16 clash with Slovakia, stating that he is a 'nightmare for anyone he plays against'.
Jun 28, 17:35
England head coach Gareth Southgate on June 16, 2024
England lineup vs. Slovakia: Predicted XI for Euro 2024 last-16 contest
Sports Mole takes an in-depth look at how England could line up for Sunday's Euro 2024 clash with Slovakia.
Jun 28, 19:57
Slovakian national team and Stanislav Lobotka 22, Slovakian national team look over their shoulders on June 26, 2024
Slovakia lineup vs. England: Predicted XI for Euro 2024 last-16 contest
Sports Mole takes an in-depth look at how Slovakia could line up for Sunday's Euro 2024 clash with England.
Jun 28, 20:23
Slovakia's Milan Skriniar applauds fans after the match on June 17, 2024
Euro 2024: Slovakia 'believe' they can stun England in last-16 clash
Slovakia captain Milan Skriniar and team manager Marek Hamsik are confident that they can beat England in Sunday's Euro 2024 last-16 tie in Gelsenkirchen.
Jun 29, 01:26
England's Declan Rice, Kieran Trippier and Jude Bellingham during the warm up before the match on June 25, 2024
Kieran Trippier a doubt for Euro 2024 last-16 tie as Southgate picks replacement
England full-back Kieran Trippier is a doubt for Sunday's Euro 2024 last-16 clash against Slovakia, with Gareth Southgate ready to pick a surprise replacement.
Jun 29, 09:10
England's Jude Bellingham, Bukayo Saka, Kyle Walker and Phil Foden line up during the national anthems before the match on June 25, 2024
Euro 2024: England star addresses suggestions of positional change vs. Slovakia
Arsenal attacker Bukayo Saka insists that he is not the answer to the left-back issue for England at Euro 2024.
Jun 29, 11:09
England manager Gareth Southgate during a training session at the Spa & Golf Resort Weimarer Land in Blankenhain,  on June 28, 2024
Euro 2024: England handed major fitness boost ahead of last 16 tie with Slovakia
England manager Gareth Southgate receives a significant fitness boost as all 26 players in his squad participated in this morning's training session.
Jun 29, 15:09
England defender Kieran Trippier requesting treatment during Euro 2024 game with Serbia on June 16, 2024.
England make Kieran Trippier injury decision ahead of Euro 2024 Slovakia tie?
England are reportedly preparing to start Kieran Trippier in the Euro 2024 last-16 match against Slovakia on Sunday, with the full-back recovering from a calf issue.
Jun 29, 16:16
Slovakia head coach Francesco Calzona before the match on June 21, 2024
Euro 2024: Slovakia boss claims England can be 'unbeatable' ahead of last-16 tie
Slovakia head coach Francesco Calzona claims that England have the potential to become "unbeatable" as the two sides prepare to face off in Sunday's Euro 2024 last-16 tie.
Jun 30, 00:32
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Bournemouth00000000
2Arsenal00000000
3Aston Villa00000000
4Brentford00000000
5Brighton & Hove AlbionBrighton00000000
6Chelsea00000000
7Crystal Palace00000000
8Everton00000000
9Fulham00000000
10Ipswich TownIpswich00000000
11Leicester CityLeicester00000000
12Liverpool00000000
13Manchester CityMan City00000000
14Manchester UnitedMan Utd00000000
15Newcastle UnitedNewcastle00000000
16Nottingham ForestNott'm Forest00000000
17Southampton00000000
18Tottenham HotspurSpurs00000000
19West Ham UnitedWest Ham00000000
20Wolverhampton WanderersWolves00000000


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!