MX23RW : Wednesday, July 24 12:08:57| >> :600:241758:241758:
Serbia national football team
European Championship | Group Stage
Jun 16, 2024 at 8pm UK
VELTINS-Arena
England national football team

Serbia
0 - 1
England


Gudelj (39'), Tadic (75'), Stojkovic (83')
FT(HT: 0-1)

The Match

Player Ratings

Sports Mole takes a look at how each player performed during England's Euro 2024 clash with Serbia.

Analysis

Sports Mole provides in-depth analysis of England's 1-0 win over Serbia at Euro 2024, including highlights, our man of the match, the best stats and the standout moment.

Match Report

Jude Bellingham scores the only goal of the match as England record a 1-0 victory over Serbia in their opening fixture of Euro 2024.

Live Commentary

England kick off their Euro 2024 campaign with a hard-fought 1-0 victory over Group C rivals Serbia at the Veltins-Arena.

Preview

Sports Mole previews Sunday's European Championship clash between Serbia and England, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Predicted Lineups

Sports Mole takes an in-depth look at how Serbia could line up for Sunday's Euro 2024 Group C clash with England.

Form, Standings, Stats

All competitions
Last Game: Sweden 0-3 Serbia
Saturday, June 8 at 5pm in International Friendlies
All competitions
Last Game: England 0-1 Iceland
Friday, June 7 at 7.45pm in International Friendlies

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a England win with a probability of 49.42%. A win for Serbia had a probability of 26.48% and a draw had a probability of 24.1%.

The most likely scoreline for a England win was 0-1 with a probability of 9.72%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 1-2 (9.56%) and 0-2 (8.18%). The likeliest Serbia win was 1-0 (6.75%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (11.35%). The actual scoreline of 0-1 was predicted with a 9.7% likelihood. Our data analysis correctly predicted a 0-1 win for England in this match and our team at Sports Mole correctly predicted the win for England.

Result
SerbiaDrawEngland
26.48% (-0.622 -0.62) 24.1% (-0.266 -0.27) 49.42% (0.88200000000001 0.88)
Both teams to score 56.11% (0.341 0.34)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
54.28% (0.69900000000001 0.7)45.72% (-0.704 -0.7)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
31.96% (0.659 0.66)68.04% (-0.66500000000001 -0.67)
Serbia Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
68.9% (-0.114 -0.11)31.09% (0.107 0.11)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
32.58% (-0.128 -0.13)67.42% (0.124 0.12)
England Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
81.43% (0.625 0.63)18.57% (-0.629 -0.63)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
50.16% (1.043 1.04)49.83% (-1.048 -1.05)
Score Analysis
    Serbia 26.48%
    England 49.42%
    Draw 24.09%
SerbiaDrawEngland
1-0 @ 6.75% (-0.225 -0.23)
2-1 @ 6.63% (-0.105 -0.11)
2-0 @ 3.94% (-0.143 -0.14)
3-1 @ 2.58% (-0.048 -0.05)
3-2 @ 2.17% (0.0030000000000001 0)
3-0 @ 1.53% (-0.06 -0.06)
Other @ 2.87%
Total : 26.48%
1-1 @ 11.35% (-0.15 -0.15)
0-0 @ 5.77% (-0.175 -0.18)
2-2 @ 5.58% (0.024 0.02)
3-3 @ 1.22% (0.025 0.02)
Other @ 0.16%
Total : 24.09%
0-1 @ 9.72% (-0.096 -0.1)
1-2 @ 9.56% (0.068 0.07)
0-2 @ 8.18% (0.081999999999999 0.08)
1-3 @ 5.37% (0.143 0.14)
0-3 @ 4.59% (0.136 0.14)
2-3 @ 3.13% (0.075 0.07)
1-4 @ 2.26% (0.104 0.1)
0-4 @ 1.93% (0.094 0.09)
2-4 @ 1.32% (0.057 0.06)
Other @ 3.36%
Total : 49.42%

How you voted: Serbia vs England

Serbia
13.4%
Draw
10.0%
England
76.5%
699
Head to Head
Oct 16, 2012 5pm
Oct 12, 2012 6pm
Build-up
England's Trent Alexander-Arnold celebrates scoring their second goal on June 2, 2024
How England could line up for Euro 2024 opener: Gareth Southgate's predicted XI
Sports Mole looks at how Gareth Southgate could line up his England side for their opening Euro 2024 fixture against Serbia on June 16.
Jun 8, 11:26
Trent Alexander-Arnold celebrates scoring for England on June 3, 2024
Gareth Southgate 'makes major Alexander-Arnold decision' for Euro 2024 opener
England manager Gareth Southgate reportedly plans to start Liverpool's Trent Alexander-Arnold in midfield for the Three Lions' Euro 2024 opener with Serbia this weekend.
Jun 11, 08:45
England manager Gareth Southgate pictured on June 11, 2024
England handed multiple fitness boosts ahead of Euro 2024 opener
England receive numerous fitness boosts ahead of Sunday's Euro 2024 opener against Serbia, as all 26 of Gareth Southgate's players train on Tuesday.
Jun 11, 17:45
England's John Stones in action with Iceland's Jon Dagur Thorsteinsson on June 7, 2024
England handed concern over key defender ahead of Euro 2024 opener
England and Manchester City centre-back John Stones misses Three Lions training through illness ahead of Sunday's Euro 2024 opener against Serbia.
Jun 12, 13:34
England manager Gareth Southgate pictured on June 11, 2024
England Euro 2024 quarantine measures effective as key man returns to training before Serbia clash
England receive a huge fitness boost ahead of their opening Euro 2024 tie, as John Stones makes a swift return to training following an illness.
Jun 13, 13:16
England's Harry Kane during training on June 11, 2024
'It's probably the highest privilege' - Harry Kane comments on breaking England record at Euro 2024
Harry Kane is hoping to make history in more ways that one when he captains Euro 2024 favourites England at this summer's tournament in Germany.
Jun 13, 15:29
Serbia's Strahinja Pavlovic celebrates scoring their first goal with teammates on October 14, 2023
How Serbia could line up against England
Sports Mole takes an in-depth look at how Serbia could line up for Sunday's Euro 2024 Group C clash with England.
Jun 14, 09:16
Trent Alexander-Arnold celebrates scoring for England on June 3, 2024
How England could line up against Serbia
Sports Mole takes an in-depth look at how England could line up for Sunday's Euro 2024 Group C clash with Serbia.
Jun 14, 09:24
England's Harry Kane during training on June 11, 2024
England's Harry Kane to break multiple Three Lions records in Euro 2024 opener
England captain and Bayern Munich striker Harry Kane is poised to break a multitude of Three Lions records in Sunday's Euro 2024 opener against Serbia.
Jun 16, 09:15
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Bournemouth00000000
2Arsenal00000000
3Aston Villa00000000
4Brentford00000000
5Brighton & Hove AlbionBrighton00000000
6Chelsea00000000
7Crystal Palace00000000
8Everton00000000
9Fulham00000000
10Ipswich TownIpswich00000000
11Leicester CityLeicester00000000
12Liverpool00000000
13Manchester CityMan City00000000
14Manchester UnitedMan Utd00000000
15Newcastle UnitedNewcastle00000000
16Nottingham ForestNott'm Forest00000000
17Southampton00000000
18Tottenham HotspurSpurs00000000
19West Ham UnitedWest Ham00000000
20Wolverhampton WanderersWolves00000000


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!