MX23RW : Wednesday, July 24 13:11:28| >> :600:245509:245509:
Austria national football team
European Championship | Round of 16
Jul 2, 2024 at 8pm UK
Red Bull Arena
Turkey national football team

Austria
1 - 2
Turkey

Gregoritsch (66')
Schmid (38'), Lienhart (52')
FT(HT: 0-1)
Demiral (1', 59')
Kokcu (11'), Yuksek (42')

The Match

Match Report

Defender Merih Demiral scores a brace as Turkey advance to the quarter-finals of Euro 2024 with a 2-1 win over Austria in the last 16.

Preview

Sports Mole previews Tuesday's European Championship clash between Austria and Turkey, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Predicted Lineups

Sports Mole takes an in-depth look at how Austria could line up for Tuesday's Euro 2024 clash with Turkey.

Form, Standings, Stats

All competitions
European Championship
Last Game: Netherlands 2-3 Austria
Tuesday, June 25 at 5pm in European Championship
All competitions
European Championship
Last Game: Czech Republic 1-2 Turkey
Wednesday, June 26 at 8pm in European Championship

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Turkey win with a probability of 38.68%. A win for Austria had a probability of 35.83% and a draw had a probability of 25.5%.

The most likely scoreline for a Turkey win was 0-1 with a probability of 8.95%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 1-2 (8.5%) and 0-2 (6.31%). The likeliest Austria win was 1-0 (8.55%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (12.05%). The actual scoreline of 1-2 was predicted with an 8.5% likelihood. Our data analysis correctly predicted that Turkey would win this match.

Result
AustriaDrawTurkey
35.83% (0.828 0.83) 25.49% (0.123 0.12) 38.68% (-0.952 -0.95)
Both teams to score 55.94% (-0.307 -0.31)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
52.03% (-0.44499999999999 -0.44)47.97% (0.444 0.44)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
29.86% (-0.407 -0.41)70.14% (0.40600000000001 0.41)
Austria Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
74.01% (0.273 0.27)25.99% (-0.275 -0.27)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
38.99% (0.368 0.37)61.01% (-0.37 -0.37)
Turkey Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
75.58% (-0.697 -0.7)24.42% (0.695 0.7)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
41.16% (-0.99 -0.99)58.84% (0.988 0.99)
Score Analysis
    Austria 35.83%
    Turkey 38.68%
    Draw 25.49%
AustriaDrawTurkey
1-0 @ 8.55% (0.221 0.22)
2-1 @ 8.12% (0.11 0.11)
2-0 @ 5.76% (0.193 0.19)
3-1 @ 3.65% (0.078 0.08)
3-0 @ 2.59% (0.105 0.11)
3-2 @ 2.57% (0.004 0)
4-1 @ 1.23% (0.036 0.04)
Other @ 3.36%
Total : 35.83%
1-1 @ 12.05% (0.07 0.07)
0-0 @ 6.35% (0.116 0.12)
2-2 @ 5.73% (-0.037 -0.04)
3-3 @ 1.21% (-0.023 -0.02)
Other @ 0.16%
Total : 25.49%
0-1 @ 8.95% (-0.017000000000001 -0.02)
1-2 @ 8.5% (-0.123 -0.12)
0-2 @ 6.31% (-0.141 -0.14)
1-3 @ 3.99% (-0.141 -0.14)
0-3 @ 2.96% (-0.129 -0.13)
2-3 @ 2.69% (-0.073 -0.07)
1-4 @ 1.41% (-0.079 -0.08)
0-4 @ 1.05% (-0.067 -0.07)
2-4 @ 0.95% (-0.045 -0.05)
Other @ 1.88%
Total : 38.68%

How you voted: Austria vs Turkey

Austria
76.5%
Turkey
23.5%
784
Head to Head
Mar 26, 2024 7.45pm
Friendlies 1
Austria
6-1
Turkey
Schlager (2'), Gregoritsch (44', 48', 59' pen.), Baumgartner (78' pen.), Entrup (90+5')
Schlager (74'), Posch (80')
Calhanoglu (25' pen.)
Calhanoglu (31'), Guler (74'), Kokcu (80')
Mar 30, 2020 7.45pm
International Friendlies
Austria
P-P
Turkey
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Bournemouth00000000
2Arsenal00000000
3Aston Villa00000000
4Brentford00000000
5Brighton & Hove AlbionBrighton00000000
6Chelsea00000000
7Crystal Palace00000000
8Everton00000000
9Fulham00000000
10Ipswich TownIpswich00000000
11Leicester CityLeicester00000000
12Liverpool00000000
13Manchester CityMan City00000000
14Manchester UnitedMan Utd00000000
15Newcastle UnitedNewcastle00000000
16Nottingham ForestNott'm Forest00000000
17Southampton00000000
18Tottenham HotspurSpurs00000000
19West Ham UnitedWest Ham00000000
20Wolverhampton WanderersWolves00000000


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!