MX23RW : Saturday, June 15 07:31:20| >> :600:2570111:2570111:
Milan logo
Coppa Italia | Quarter-Finals
Jan 10, 2024 at 8pm UK
Stadio Giuseppe Meazza
Atalanta logo

AC Milan
1 - 2
Atalanta

Leao (45')
Hernandez (57'), Leao (80')
Mirante (90+7')
FT(HT: 1-1)
Koopmeiners (45+2', 59' pen.)
Piero Gasperini (38'), Ederson (90')
Piero Gasperini (38')

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Wednesday's Coppa Italia clash between AC Milan and Atalanta BC, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Empoli 0-3 AC Milan
Sunday, January 7 at 11.30am in Serie A
Last Game: Roma 1-1 Atalanta
Sunday, January 7 at 7.45pm in Serie A

We said: AC Milan 2-1 Atalanta BC

Milan have been exceptional at home over the past few months and are favourites to progress in what could be a very open game at San Siro. It is rare for Atalanta to fail to score a goal in a game, but even if they get on the scoresheet here, it will still be a tall order for them to come to San Siro and book their place in the semi-finals. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a AC Milan win with a probability of 48.06%. A win for Atalanta BC had a probability of 27.13% and a draw had a probability of 24.8%.

The most likely scoreline for an AC Milan win was 1-0 with a probability of 10.32%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 2-1 (9.43%) and 2-0 (8.27%). The likeliest Atalanta BC win was 0-1 (7.35%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (11.76%). The actual scoreline of 1-2 was predicted with a 6.7% likelihood.

Result
AC MilanDrawAtalanta BC
48.06% (0.136 0.14) 24.81% (0.223 0.22) 27.13% (-0.359 -0.36)
Both teams to score 54.32% (-1.011 -1.01)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
51.66% (-1.197 -1.2)48.34% (1.196 1.2)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
29.52% (-1.106 -1.11)70.48% (1.105 1.1)
AC Milan Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
79.84% (-0.422 -0.42)20.16% (0.421 0.42)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
47.56% (-0.679 -0.68)52.44% (0.67899999999999 0.68)
Atalanta BC Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
68.03% (-0.902 -0.9)31.97% (0.902 0.9)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
31.57% (-1.041 -1.04)68.43% (1.041 1.04)
Score Analysis
    AC Milan 48.06%
    Atalanta BC 27.13%
    Draw 24.8%
AC MilanDrawAtalanta BC
1-0 @ 10.32% (0.371 0.37)
2-1 @ 9.43% (-0.010999999999999 -0.01)
2-0 @ 8.27% (0.192 0.19)
3-1 @ 5.03% (-0.072 -0.07)
3-0 @ 4.41% (0.046 0.05)
3-2 @ 2.87% (-0.114 -0.11)
4-1 @ 2.02% (-0.056 -0.06)
4-0 @ 1.77% (-0.0050000000000001 -0.01)
4-2 @ 1.15% (-0.062 -0.06)
Other @ 2.8%
Total : 48.06%
1-1 @ 11.76% (0.13 0.13)
0-0 @ 6.44% (0.313 0.31)
2-2 @ 5.38% (-0.141 -0.14)
3-3 @ 1.09% (-0.072 -0.07)
Other @ 0.13%
Total : 24.8%
0-1 @ 7.35% (0.181 0.18)
1-2 @ 6.71% (-0.087 -0.09)
0-2 @ 4.19% (0.0010000000000003 0)
1-3 @ 2.55% (-0.098 -0.1)
2-3 @ 2.04% (-0.107 -0.11)
0-3 @ 1.59% (-0.039 -0.04)
Other @ 2.69%
Total : 27.13%

How you voted: Winner Match 31 vs Winner Match 32

Winner Match 31
73.8%
Draw
12.6%
Winner Match 32
13.6%
103
Head to Head
Dec 9, 2023 5pm
Gameweek 15
Atalanta
3-2
AC Milan
Lookman (38', 55'), Muriel (90+5')
Ederson (72')
Giroud (45+3'), Jovic (80')
Reijnders (71'), Calabria (80'), Jovic (88'), Bennacer (90+2')
Calabria (90+3')
Feb 26, 2023 7.45pm
Gameweek 24
AC Milan
2-0
Atalanta
Musso (25' og.), Messias (86')
Aug 21, 2022 7.45pm
Gameweek 2
Atalanta
1-1
AC Milan
Malinovskyi (29')
Toloi (16'), Hateboer (48'), Djimsiti (78'), de Roon (90+6')
Bennacer (68')
Pioli (23'), Rebic (45+1'), Tonali (75'), Hernandez (78')
May 15, 2022 5pm
Gameweek 37
AC Milan
2-0
Atalanta
Leao (56'), Hernandez (75')
Giroud (44'), Kessie (67'), Bennacer (90+2')

Koopmeiners (53'), Malinovskyi (87')
Oct 3, 2021 7.45pm
Gameweek 7
Atalanta
2-3
AC Milan
Zapata (86' pen.), Pasalic (90+4')
de Roon (40')
Calabria (1'), Tonali (43'), Leao (78')
Diaz (42'), Tomori (52'), Messias (85'), Leao (88'), Pioli (90+4')
rhs 2.0
Euro 2024 fixtures header
Saturday, June 15
 
5pm
 
8pm
Sunday, June 16
 
5pm
 
8pm
Monday, June 17
 
2pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
Tuesday, June 18
 
5pm
Wednesday, June 19
 
2pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
Thursday, June 20
 
2pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
Group Stage
Spain
vs.
Italy
Friday, June 21
 
2pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
Saturday, June 22
 
5pm
 
8pm
Sunday, June 23
 
8pm
 
8pm
Monday, June 24
 
8pm
 
8pm
Tuesday, June 25
 
5pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
 
8pm
Wednesday, June 26
 
5pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
 
8pm
Saturday, June 29
Sunday, June 30
Monday, July 1
Tuesday, July 2
Friday, July 5
Saturday, July 6
Tuesday, July 9
Tables header RHS

Group A

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Germany Germany11003
2 Hungary Hungary00000
3 Switzerland Switzerland00000
4 Scotland flag Scotland10010

Group B

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Albania national flag Albania00000
2 Croatia Croatia00000
3 Italy Italy00000
4 Spain Spain00000

Group C

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Denmark Denmark00000
2 England flag England00000
3 Serbia Serbia00000
4 Slovenia Slovenia00000

Group D

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Austria Austria00000
2 France France00000
3 Netherlands Netherlands00000
4 Poland Poland00000

Group E

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Belgium Belgium00000
2 Romania Romania00000
3 Slovakia Slovakia00000
4 Ukraine Ukraine00000

Group F

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Czech Republic Czech Republic00000
2 Georgia Georgia00000
3 Portugal Portugal00000
4 Turkey Turkey00000


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!