MX23RW : Monday, June 24 12:53:30| >> :300:86500:86500:
Angers
AJ Auxerre
Brest logo
Le Havre
Lens logo
Lille
Lyon
Marseille
Monaco
Montpellier
Nantes
Nice
PSG logo
Reims
Rennes
Saint-Etienne
Strasbourg
Toulouse
PSG logo
Ligue 1 | Gameweek 5
Sep 15, 2023 at 8pm UK
Parc des Princes
Nice

PSG
2 - 3
Nice

Mbappe (29', 87')
Barcola (83'), Skriniar (89')
FT(HT: 1-1)
Moffi (21', 68'), Laborde (53')
Thuram (35'), Bard (63'), Moffi (70'), Bulka (71'), Lotomba (90+5')

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Friday's Ligue 1 clash between Paris Saint-Germain and Nice, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Lyon 1-4 PSG
Sunday, September 3 at 7.45pm in Ligue 1
Last Game: Nice 2-0 Strasbourg
Sunday, September 3 at 4.05pm in Ligue 1

We said: Paris Saint-Germain 2-1 Nice

With Mbappe not quite at 100% and several international players possibly being kept in reserve ahead of two blockbuster fixtures, Friday's showdown has the potential to be a particularly uncomfortable one for PSG. Nice are seldom blown away on rival territory, and the rapid Moffi should ask several questions of Les Parisiens' permeable backline, but we still have faith in the champions to record a third win on the spin. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Paris Saint-Germain win with a probability of 51.67%. A win for Nice had a probability of 24.93% and a draw had a probability of 23.4%.

The most likely scoreline for a Paris Saint-Germain win was 2-1 with a probability of 9.7%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 1-0 (9.46%) and 2-0 (8.37%). The likeliest Nice win was 1-2 (6.36%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (10.96%). The actual scoreline of 2-3 was predicted with a 2.2% likelihood.

Result
Paris Saint-GermainDrawNice
51.67% (0.065000000000005 0.07) 23.4% (0.0010000000000012 0) 24.93% (-0.067 -0.07)
Both teams to score 56.93% (-0.085000000000001 -0.09)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
56.07% (-0.078000000000003 -0.08)43.93% (0.073999999999998 0.07)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
33.68% (-0.076000000000001 -0.08)66.31% (0.073999999999998 0.07)
Paris Saint-Germain Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
82.96% (-0.0060000000000002 -0.01)17.04% (0.0030000000000001 0)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
52.81% (-0.011000000000003 -0.01)47.19% (0.0090000000000003 0.01)
Nice Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
68.63% (-0.096999999999994 -0.1)31.37% (0.095000000000002 0.1)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
32.26% (-0.113 -0.11)67.74% (0.111 0.11)
Score Analysis
    Paris Saint-Germain 51.67%
    Nice 24.93%
    Draw 23.39%
Paris Saint-GermainDrawNice
2-1 @ 9.7% (0.0039999999999996 0)
1-0 @ 9.46% (0.029999999999999 0.03)
2-0 @ 8.37% (0.024999999999999 0.02)
3-1 @ 5.72% (0.0019999999999998 0)
3-0 @ 4.94% (0.014 0.01)
3-2 @ 3.32% (-0.008 -0.01)
4-1 @ 2.53%
4-0 @ 2.18% (0.0060000000000002 0.01)
4-2 @ 1.47% (-0.004 -0)
Other @ 3.98%
Total : 51.67%
1-1 @ 10.96%
2-2 @ 5.63% (-0.012 -0.01)
0-0 @ 5.35% (0.016999999999999 0.02)
3-3 @ 1.28% (-0.0069999999999999 -0.01)
Other @ 0.18%
Total : 23.39%
1-2 @ 6.36% (-0.013 -0.01)
0-1 @ 6.2% (0.0040000000000004 0)
0-2 @ 3.59% (-0.0070000000000001 -0.01)
1-3 @ 2.46% (-0.012 -0.01)
2-3 @ 2.17% (-0.01 -0.01)
0-3 @ 1.39% (-0.006 -0.01)
Other @ 2.77%
Total : 24.93%

How you voted: PSG vs Nice

Paris Saint-Germain
82.0%
Draw
13.3%
Nice
4.7%
150
Head to Head
Apr 8, 2023 8pm
Gameweek 30
Nice
0-2
PSG
Messi (26'), Ramos (76')
Oct 1, 2022 8pm
Gameweek 9
PSG
2-1
Nice
Messi (29'), Mbappe (83')
Laborde (47')
Mar 5, 2022 8pm
Gameweek 27
Nice
1-0
PSG
Delort (88')
Lemina (33')
Jan 31, 2022 8.15pm
Round of 16
PSG
0-0
Nice
Nice win 6-5 on penalties
Pereira (24'), Kehrer (54'), Dagba (71')
Gouiri (29'), Boudaoui (60'), Schneiderlin (76'), Todibo (77'), Atal (79')
Dec 1, 2021 8.05pm
Gameweek 16
PSG
0-0
Nice
Pereira (31'), di Maria (76')
Kluivert (66'), Bard (88')
rhs 2.0
Euro 2024 fixtures header
Monday, June 24
 
8pm
 
8pm
Tuesday, June 25
 
5pm
 
8pm
 
8pm
Wednesday, June 26
 
5pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
 
8pm
Saturday, June 29
 
8pm
Sunday, June 30
Monday, July 1
Tuesday, July 2
Friday, July 5
Saturday, July 6
Tuesday, July 9
Wednesday, July 10
Sunday, July 14
Tables header RHS

Group A

TeamPWDLPTS
Q Germany Germany32107
Q Switzerland Switzerland31205
3 Hungary Hungary31023
4 Scotland flag Scotland30121

Group B

TeamPWDLPTS
Q Spain Spain22006
2 Italy Italy21013
3 Albania national flag Albania20111
4 Croatia Croatia20111

Group C

TeamPWDLPTS
1 England flag England21104
2 Denmark Denmark20202
3 Slovenia Slovenia20202
4 Serbia Serbia20111

Group D

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Netherlands Netherlands21104
2 France France21104
3 Austria Austria21013
4 Poland Poland20020

Group E

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Romania Romania21013
2 Belgium Belgium21013
3 Slovakia Slovakia21013
4 Ukraine Ukraine21013

Group F

TeamPWDLPTS
Q Portugal Portugal22006
2 Turkey Turkey21013
3 Czech Republic Czech Republic20111
4 Georgia Georgia20111


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!