MX23RW : Sunday, June 16 03:10:54| >> :300:86500:86500:
Alaves logo
Almeria
Athletic Bilbao logo
Atletico Madrid logo
Barcelona logo
Cadiz logo
Celta Vigo logo
Getafe logo
Girona logo
Granada logo
Las Palmas
Mallorca logo
Osauna logo
Rayo Vallecano logo
Real Betis logo
Real Madrid logo
Real Sociedad logo
Sevilla logo
Valencia logo
Villarreal logo
Girona logo
La Liga | Gameweek 34
May 4, 2024 at 5.30pm UK
Estadi Municipal de Montilivi
Barcelona logo

Girona
4 - 2
Barcelona

Dovbyk (4'), Portu (65', 75'), Gutierrez (67')
FT(HT: 1-2)
Christensen (3'), Lewandowski (45+1' pen.)
Kounde (28'), Araujo (38'), Roberto (43')

The Match

Match Report

Girona produce a sensational turnaround to beat Barcelona 4-2 to secure Champions League qualification and hand Real Madrid their 36th La Liga title.

Team News

Sports Mole rounds up all of the latest injury and suspension news ahead of Saturday's La Liga clash between Girona and Barcelona.

Preview

Sports Mole previews Saturday's La Liga clash between Girona and Barcelona, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Predicted Lineups

Sports Mole looks at how Barcelona could line up in Saturday's La Liga clash with Girona.

Injuries & Suspensions

Sports Mole rounds up Barcelona's injury and suspension news ahead of their La Liga clash with Girona.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Las Palmas 0-2 Girona
Saturday, April 27 at 1pm in La Liga

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Girona win with a probability of 43.97%. A win for Barcelona had a probability of 32.42% and a draw had a probability of 23.6%.

The most likely scoreline for a Girona win was 2-1 with a probability of 9.04%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 1-0 (7.55%) and 2-0 (6.37%). The likeliest Barcelona win was 1-2 (7.61%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (10.72%). The actual scoreline of 4-2 was predicted with a 1.5% likelihood. Our data analysis correctly predicted that Girona would win this match.

Result
GironaDrawBarcelona
43.97% (-1.751 -1.75) 23.6% (0.439 0.44) 32.42% (1.306 1.31)
Both teams to score 61.77% (-0.966 -0.97)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
60.01% (-1.535 -1.54)39.99% (1.529 1.53)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
37.64% (-1.607 -1.61)62.35% (1.6 1.6)
Girona Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
81.48% (-1.313 -1.31)18.51% (1.307 1.31)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
50.26% (-2.259 -2.26)49.73% (2.252 2.25)
Barcelona Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
75.8% (0.031000000000006 0.03)24.19% (-0.038 -0.04)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
41.47% (0.048000000000002 0.05)58.52% (-0.055999999999997 -0.06)
Score Analysis
    Girona 43.97%
    Barcelona 32.42%
    Draw 23.6%
GironaDrawBarcelona
2-1 @ 9.04% (-0.112 -0.11)
1-0 @ 7.55% (0.217 0.22)
2-0 @ 6.37% (-0.085 -0.09)
3-1 @ 5.08% (-0.286 -0.29)
3-2 @ 3.61% (-0.199 -0.2)
3-0 @ 3.58% (-0.206 -0.21)
4-1 @ 2.14% (-0.219 -0.22)
4-2 @ 1.52% (-0.154 -0.15)
4-0 @ 1.51% (-0.156 -0.16)
Other @ 3.56%
Total : 43.97%
1-1 @ 10.72% (0.32 0.32)
2-2 @ 6.42% (-0.071 -0.07)
0-0 @ 4.48% (0.31 0.31)
3-3 @ 1.71% (-0.092 -0.09)
Other @ 0.28%
Total : 23.6%
1-2 @ 7.61% (0.235 0.23)
0-1 @ 6.36% (0.446 0.45)
0-2 @ 4.51% (0.321 0.32)
1-3 @ 3.6% (0.115 0.12)
2-3 @ 3.04% (-0.03 -0.03)
0-3 @ 2.13% (0.154 0.15)
1-4 @ 1.28% (0.043 0.04)
2-4 @ 1.08% (-0.0090000000000001 -0.01)
Other @ 2.83%
Total : 32.42%

How you voted: Girona vs Barcelona

Girona
25.7%
Draw
28.2%
Barcelona
46.0%
202
Head to Head
Dec 10, 2023 8pm
Gameweek 16
Barcelona
2-4
Girona
Lewandowski (19'), Gundogan (90+2')
Araujo (90+8')
Dovbyk (12'), Gutierrez (40'), Fernandez (80'), Stuani (90+5')
Blind (64'), Stuani (90+6')
Apr 10, 2023 8pm
Jan 28, 2023 3.15pm
Gameweek 19
Girona
0-1
Barcelona
Pedri (61')
Jul 24, 2021 6pm
Pre-season Friendlies
Barcelona
3-1
Girona
Pique (21' pen.), Manaj (24'), Depay (85' pen.)
Saiz (42' pen.)
Sep 16, 2020 6pm
Pre-season Friendlies
Barcelona
3-1
Girona
Coutinho (21'), Messi (45', 51')
Saiz (46')
rhs 2.0
Euro 2024 fixtures header
Sunday, June 16
 
5pm
 
8pm
Monday, June 17
 
2pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
Tuesday, June 18
 
5pm
Wednesday, June 19
 
2pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
Thursday, June 20
 
2pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
Group Stage
Spain
vs.
Italy
Friday, June 21
 
2pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
Saturday, June 22
 
5pm
 
8pm
Sunday, June 23
 
8pm
 
8pm
Monday, June 24
 
8pm
 
8pm
Tuesday, June 25
 
5pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
 
8pm
Wednesday, June 26
 
5pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
 
8pm
Saturday, June 29
Sunday, June 30
Monday, July 1
Tuesday, July 2
Friday, July 5
Saturday, July 6
Tuesday, July 9
Wednesday, July 10
Sunday, July 14
Tables header RHS

Group A

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Germany Germany11003
2 Switzerland Switzerland11003
3 Hungary Hungary10010
4 Scotland flag Scotland10010

Group B

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Spain Spain11003
2 Italy Italy11003
3 Albania national flag Albania10010
4 Croatia Croatia10010

Group C

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Denmark Denmark00000
2 England flag England00000
3 Serbia Serbia00000
4 Slovenia Slovenia00000

Group D

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Austria Austria00000
2 France France00000
3 Netherlands Netherlands00000
4 Poland Poland00000

Group E

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Belgium Belgium00000
2 Romania Romania00000
3 Slovakia Slovakia00000
4 Ukraine Ukraine00000

Group F

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Czech Republic Czech Republic00000
2 Georgia Georgia00000
3 Portugal Portugal00000
4 Turkey Turkey00000


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!