MX23RW : Thursday, June 20 09:34:10| >> :300:86500:86500:
Alaves logo
Almeria
Athletic Bilbao logo
Atletico Madrid logo
Barcelona logo
Cadiz logo
Celta Vigo logo
Getafe logo
Girona logo
Granada logo
Las Palmas
Mallorca logo
Osauna logo
Rayo Vallecano logo
Real Betis logo
Real Madrid logo
Real Sociedad logo
Sevilla logo
Valencia logo
Villarreal logo
Atletico Madrid logo
La Liga | Gameweek 31
Apr 13, 2024 at 1pm UK
Estadio Civitas Metropolitano
Girona logo

Atletico
3 - 1
Girona

Griezmann (34' pen., 50'), Correa (45+6')
Niguez (25'), Simeone (26'), Correa (35'), Llorente (90+2')
FT(HT: 2-1)
Dovbyk (4')
Herrera (32'), Couto (70')

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Saturday's La Liga clash between Atletico Madrid and Girona, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Atletico 2-1 Dortmund
Wednesday, April 10 at 8pm in Champions League
Last Game: Girona 3-2 Betis
Sunday, March 31 at 3.15pm in La Liga

We said: Atletico Madrid 2-1 Girona

This is a really difficult match to call, as Girona will fancy their chances of taking advantage of Atletico's energy-sapping contest against Dortmund. Girona's recent away form cannot be ignored, though, and we are backing Simeone's side to edge what should be a very interesting fixture in the Spanish capital. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Atletico Madrid win with a probability of 50.36%. A win for Girona had a probability of 26.53% and a draw had a probability of 23.1%.

The most likely scoreline for an Atletico Madrid win was 2-1 with a probability of 9.59%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 1-0 (8.54%) and 2-0 (7.69%). The likeliest Girona win was 1-2 (6.65%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (10.65%). The actual scoreline of 3-1 was predicted with a 5.8% likelihood. Our team at Sports Mole and our data analysis both correctly predicted that Atletico Madrid would win this match.

Result
Atletico MadridDrawGirona
50.36% (-0.038000000000004 -0.04) 23.12% (0.011999999999997 0.01) 26.53% (0.030000000000001 0.03)
Both teams to score 59.51% (-0.011000000000003 -0.01)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
58.75% (-0.024999999999999 -0.02)41.25% (0.027999999999999 0.03)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
36.36% (-0.027000000000001 -0.03)63.64% (0.030000000000001 0.03)
Atletico Madrid Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
83.47% (-0.022000000000006 -0.02)16.53% (0.026 0.03)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
53.72% (-0.044000000000004 -0.04)46.28% (0.049000000000007 0.05)
Girona Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
71.29% (0.010999999999996 0.01)28.71% (-0.0060000000000002 -0.01)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
35.47% (0.010999999999996 0.01)64.53% (-0.0060000000000002 -0.01)
Score Analysis
    Atletico Madrid 50.36%
    Girona 26.53%
    Draw 23.11%
Atletico MadridDrawGirona
2-1 @ 9.59% (-0.0020000000000007 -0)
1-0 @ 8.54% (0.0039999999999996 0)
2-0 @ 7.69% (-0.0030000000000001 -0)
3-1 @ 5.76% (-0.0060000000000002 -0.01)
3-0 @ 4.61% (-0.0049999999999999 -0)
3-2 @ 3.59% (-0.0030000000000001 -0)
4-1 @ 2.59% (-0.0049999999999999 -0)
4-0 @ 2.08% (-0.004 -0)
4-2 @ 1.62% (-0.0030000000000001 -0)
5-1 @ 0.93% (-0.002 -0)
Other @ 3.36%
Total : 50.36%
1-1 @ 10.65%
2-2 @ 5.99%
0-0 @ 4.74% (0.0059999999999993 0.01)
3-3 @ 1.5% (-0.00099999999999989 -0)
Other @ 0.23%
Total : 23.11%
1-2 @ 6.65% (0.0060000000000002 0.01)
0-1 @ 5.92% (0.0090000000000003 0.01)
0-2 @ 3.7% (0.0059999999999998 0.01)
1-3 @ 2.77% (0.0019999999999998 0)
2-3 @ 2.49%
0-3 @ 1.54% (0.0029999999999999 0)
Other @ 3.46%
Total : 26.53%

How you voted: Atletico vs Girona

Atletico Madrid
67.4%
Draw
14.0%
Girona
18.6%
86
Head to Head
Jan 3, 2024 8.30pm
Gameweek 19
Girona
4-3
Atletico
Fernandez (2'), Savio (26'), Blind (39'), Martin (90+1')
Morata (14', 44', 54')
Hermoso (90')
Mar 13, 2023 8pm
Gameweek 25
Girona
0-1
Atletico
Morata (90+1')
Oct 8, 2022 3.15pm
Gameweek 8
Atletico
2-1
Girona
Correa (5', 48')
Riquelme (66')
Apr 2, 2019 6.30pm
Gameweek 30
Atletico
2-0
Girona
Godin (76'), Griezmann (90')
Arias (48')
Jan 16, 2019 6.30pm
Round of 16
Atletico
3-3
Girona
Kalinic (12'), Correa (66'), Griezmann (84')
Hernandez (69'), Griezmann (85')
Fernandez (37'), Stuani (59'), Doumbia (88')
Iraizoz (90'), Porro (90')
rhs 2.0
Euro 2024 fixtures header
Thursday, June 20
 
2pm
 
8pm
Group Stage
Spain
vs.
Italy
Friday, June 21
 
2pm
 
5pm
Saturday, June 22
 
5pm
 
8pm
Sunday, June 23
 
8pm
 
8pm
Monday, June 24
 
8pm
 
8pm
Tuesday, June 25
 
5pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
 
8pm
Wednesday, June 26
 
5pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
 
8pm
Saturday, June 29
Sunday, June 30
Monday, July 1
Tuesday, July 2
Friday, July 5
Saturday, July 6
Tuesday, July 9
Wednesday, July 10
Sunday, July 14
Tables header RHS

Group A

TeamPWDLPTS
Q Germany Germany22006
2 Switzerland Switzerland21104
3 Scotland flag Scotland20111
4 Hungary Hungary20020

Group B

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Spain Spain11003
2 Italy Italy11003
3 Albania national flag Albania20111
4 Croatia Croatia20111

Group C

TeamPWDLPTS
1 England flag England11003
2 Denmark Denmark10101
3 Slovenia Slovenia10101
4 Serbia Serbia10010

Group D

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Netherlands Netherlands11003
2 France France11003
3 Poland Poland10010
4 Austria Austria10010

Group E

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Romania Romania11003
2 Slovakia Slovakia11003
3 Belgium Belgium10010
4 Ukraine Ukraine10010

Group F

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Turkey Turkey11003
2 Portugal Portugal11003
3 Czech Republic Czech Republic10010
4 Georgia Georgia10010


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!