MX23RW : Wednesday, July 24 10:41:54| >> :600:236536:236536:
Netherlands national football team
European Championship | Semi-Finals
Jul 10, 2024 at 8pm UK
Signal-Iduna-Park
England national football team

Netherlands
1 - 2
England

Simons (7')
Dumfries (17'), van Dijk (87'), Simons (90+1')
FT(HT: 1-1)
Kane (18' pen.), Watkins (90+1')
Bellingham (72'), Saka (86'), Trippier (90+4')

The Match

Player Ratings

Sports Mole takes a look at how each player performed during England's Euro 2024 semi-final with Netherlands.

Analysis

Sports Mole provides in-depth analysis of England's Euro 2024 semi-final win over Netherlands, including highlights, our man of the match and the best statistics.

Match Report

Ollie Watkins scores a 91st-minute winner against Netherlands to send England into the final of Euro 2024, with Spain their opponents in Sunday's showpiece event.

Preview

Sports Mole previews Wednesday's European Championship semi-final between Netherlands and England, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Predicted Lineups

Sports Mole takes an in-depth look at how Netherlands could line up for Wednesday's Euro 2024 semi-final versus England.

Form, Standings, Stats

All competitions
European Championship
Last Game: Netherlands 2-1 Turkey
Saturday, July 6 at 8pm in European Championship
All competitions
European Championship
Last Game: England 1-1 Switzerland (5-3 pen.)
Saturday, July 6 at 5pm in European Championship

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Netherlands win with a probability of 37.83%. A win for England had a probability of 34.87% and a draw had a probability of 27.3%.

The most likely scoreline for a Netherlands win was 1-0 with a probability of 10.82%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 2-1 (8.13%) and 2-0 (6.8%). The likeliest England win was 0-1 (10.29%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (12.93%). The actual scoreline of 1-2 was predicted with a 7.7% likelihood.

Result
NetherlandsDrawEngland
37.83% (0.061 0.06) 27.3% (0.038 0.04) 34.87% (-0.094999999999999 -0.09)
Both teams to score 49.88% (-0.127 -0.13)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
44.37% (-0.155 -0.16)55.63% (0.158 0.16)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
23.21% (-0.128 -0.13)76.79% (0.131 0.13)
Netherlands Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
71.54% (-0.040000000000006 -0.04)28.46% (0.042999999999999 0.04)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
35.77% (-0.051000000000002 -0.05)64.23% (0.052999999999997 0.05)
England Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
69.73% (-0.137 -0.14)30.28% (0.14 0.14)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
33.55% (-0.167 -0.17)66.45% (0.16799999999999 0.17)
Score Analysis
    Netherlands 37.83%
    England 34.86%
    Draw 27.29%
NetherlandsDrawEngland
1-0 @ 10.82% (0.050000000000001 0.05)
2-1 @ 8.13%
2-0 @ 6.8% (0.026000000000001 0.03)
3-1 @ 3.41% (-0.004 -0)
3-0 @ 2.85% (0.008 0.01)
3-2 @ 2.03% (-0.011 -0.01)
4-1 @ 1.07% (-0.002 -0)
Other @ 2.71%
Total : 37.83%
1-1 @ 12.93% (0.0099999999999998 0.01)
0-0 @ 8.62% (0.052000000000001 0.05)
2-2 @ 4.86% (-0.02 -0.02)
Other @ 0.89%
Total : 27.29%
0-1 @ 10.29% (0.02 0.02)
1-2 @ 7.73% (-0.022 -0.02)
0-2 @ 6.15% (-0.0099999999999998 -0.01)
1-3 @ 3.08% (-0.021 -0.02)
0-3 @ 2.45% (-0.013 -0.01)
2-3 @ 1.93% (-0.015 -0.02)
1-4 @ 0.92% (-0.009 -0.01)
Other @ 2.31%
Total : 34.86%

How you voted: Netherlands vs England

Netherlands
60.7%
England
39.3%
1709
Head to Head
Mar 23, 2018 7.45pm
International Friendlies
Netherlands
0-1
England
Mar 29, 2016 8pm
International Friendlies
England
1-2
Netherlands
Vardy (41')
Janssen (51' pen.), Narsingh (77')
Bruma (58')
Build-up
The Netherlands' Memphis Depay celebrates in 2019
Netherlands vs. England: Classic contests ahead of Euro 2024 semi-final
Sports Mole looks at five classic contests between the Netherlands and England ahead of Wednesday's Euro 2024 semi-final.
Jul 8, 13:59
England's Luke Shaw pictured on July 8, 2024
England's Luke Shaw provides huge injury update before Euro 2024 semi-final
England left-back Luke Shaw insists that he is ready to start and play the full 90 minutes in the Three Lions' Euro 2024 semi-final against the Netherlands.
Jul 8, 16:31
Wout Weghorst celebrates scoring for the Netherlands in June 2024
Netherlands lineup vs. England: Predicted XI for Euro 2024 semi-final
Sports Mole takes an in-depth look at how Netherlands could line up for Wednesday's Euro 2024 semi-final versus England.
Jul 8, 19:30
England's Luke Shaw pictured on June 24, 2024
England lineup vs. Netherlands: Predicted XI for Euro 2024 semi-final
Sports Mole takes an in-depth look at how England could line up for Wednesday's Euro 2024 semi-final against the Netherlands.
Jul 8, 19:55
England manager Gareth Southgate pictured on July 6, 2024
Euro 2024: England told to make one change to lineup for Netherlands semi-final
Former England left-back Stephen Warnock urges Gareth Southgate to move Kieran Trippier out of that position for the Euro 2024 semi-final against Netherlands.
Jul 9, 12:56
England's Trent Alexander-Arnold celebrates after winning the penalty shootout on July 6, 2024
Euro 2024: England's "brilliant" duo hailed by Warnock ahead of Netherlands semi
Former England international Stephen Warnock reserves special praise for Bukayo Saka and Trent Alexander-Arnold after their pressure penalties to beat Switzerland.
Jul 9, 15:58
England's Jordan Pickford celebrates on July 6, 2024
Euro 2024: Jordan Pickford makes penalty-shootout claim ahead of Netherlands clash
England goalkeeper Jordan Pickford discusses his penalty-shootout routine and explains why he 'thrives under pressure' ahead of Wednesday's Euro 2024 semi-final against the Netherlands.
Jul 9, 17:30
Netherlands' Cody Gakpo celebrates scoring their second goal on July 6, 2024
Cody Gakpo admits Jurgen Klopp did not play him in preferred position at Liverpool
Liverpool's Cody Gakpo admits that he was not played in his preferred position under former manager Jurgen Klopp and has since thrived in his favoured role for Netherlands at Euro 2024.
Jul 9, 17:50
Netherlands head coach Ronald Koeman on June 21, 2024
Euro 2024: Ronald Koeman addresses Netherlands future after wife's cancer diagnosis
Ronald Koeman delivers an update on his future as Netherlands head coach amid his wife's cancer diagnosis.
Jul 9, 18:10
Luke Shaw of England during the UEFA European Championships match at Arena Aufschalke on June 18, 2024
Euro 2024: Gareth Southgate 'makes decision' on Luke Shaw semi-final start
England manager Gareth Southgate reportedly decides to start Luke Shaw on the bench for Wednesday's Euro 2024 semi-final against the Netherlands.
Jul 9, 21:39
England manager Gareth Southgate pictured on June 30, 2024 [IMAGO]
Euro 2024: England backed to "outrun" and "overpower" Netherlands in semi-final
Former England international Stephen Warnock outlines how Gareth Southgate's side could beat Netherlands in their Euro 2024 semi-final.
Jul 10, 08:09
England forward Ollie Watkins celebrates scoring against Netherlands on July 10, 2024
Netherlands 1-2 England live commentary - as it happened
Relive Sports Mole's live commentary of England's 2-1 Euro 2024 semi-final win over the Netherlands at the Signal Iduna Park.
Jul 10, 19:30
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Bournemouth00000000
2Arsenal00000000
3Aston Villa00000000
4Brentford00000000
5Brighton & Hove AlbionBrighton00000000
6Chelsea00000000
7Crystal Palace00000000
8Everton00000000
9Fulham00000000
10Ipswich TownIpswich00000000
11Leicester CityLeicester00000000
12Liverpool00000000
13Manchester CityMan City00000000
14Manchester UnitedMan Utd00000000
15Newcastle UnitedNewcastle00000000
16Nottingham ForestNott'm Forest00000000
17Southampton00000000
18Tottenham HotspurSpurs00000000
19West Ham UnitedWest Ham00000000
20Wolverhampton WanderersWolves00000000


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!