MX23RW : Friday, July 19 05:56:27| >> :300:86500:86500:
Alaves logo
Athletic Bilbao logo
Atletico Madrid logo
Barcelona logo
Celta Vigo logo
Getafe logo
Girona logo
Las Palmas
Leganes logo
Mallorca logo
Osauna logo
Rayo Vallecano logo
Real Betis logo
Real Madrid logo
Real Sociedad logo
Real Valladolid logo
Sevilla logo
Valencia logo
Villarreal logo
Rayo Vallecano logo
La Liga | Gameweek 36
May 12, 2022 at 7pm UK
Estadio Teresa Rivero
Villarreal logo

Rayo Vallecano
1 - 5
Villarreal

Guardiola (21')
Maras (30'), Garcia (45+2'), Comesana (45+2'), Lopez (76'), Sylla (77')
FT(HT: 1-4)
Pedraza (3', 88'), Foyth (27'), Alcacer (38'), Torres (45+1')
Emery (61'), Rulli (61'), Albiol (82')

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Thursday's La Liga clash between Rayo Vallecano and Villarreal, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

We said: Rayo Vallecano 2-2 Villarreal

Villarreal need the points more than Rayo, but the home side's recent form must be respected, therefore this is a difficult match to call. It would not be a surprise to see a home or away victory on Thursday, but we believe that the two teams could ultimately cancel each other out in an entertaining draw. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Villarreal win with a probability of 38.76%. A win for Rayo Vallecano had a probability of 33.85% and a draw had a probability of 27.4%.

The most likely scoreline for a Villarreal win was 0-1 with a probability of 11.11%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 1-2 (8.22%) and 0-2 (7.05%). The likeliest Rayo Vallecano win was 1-0 (10.22%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (12.96%). The actual scoreline of 1-5 was predicted with a 0.3% likelihood. Our data analysis correctly predicted that Villarreal would win this match.

Result
Rayo VallecanoDrawVillarreal
33.85% (0.064999999999998 0.06) 27.39% (0.034000000000002 0.03) 38.76% (-0.096999999999994 -0.1)
Both teams to score 49.47% (-0.085999999999999 -0.09)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
43.92% (-0.113 -0.11)56.08% (0.11499999999999 0.11)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
22.85% (-0.091000000000001 -0.09)77.16% (0.094000000000008 0.09)
Rayo Vallecano Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
68.84% (-0.015999999999991 -0.02)31.16% (0.018000000000001 0.02)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
32.51% (-0.017000000000003 -0.02)67.49% (0.019000000000005 0.02)
Villarreal Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
71.86% (-0.107 -0.11)28.14% (0.109 0.11)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
36.18% (-0.139 -0.14)63.82% (0.14100000000001 0.14)
Score Analysis
    Rayo Vallecano 33.85%
    Villarreal 38.75%
    Draw 27.38%
Rayo VallecanoDrawVillarreal
1-0 @ 10.22% (0.040000000000001 0.04)
2-1 @ 7.56% (0.0040000000000004 0)
2-0 @ 5.96% (0.021 0.02)
3-1 @ 2.94%
3-0 @ 2.32% (0.0070000000000001 0.01)
3-2 @ 1.86% (-0.006 -0.01)
Other @ 2.99%
Total : 33.85%
1-1 @ 12.96% (0.010000000000002 0.01)
0-0 @ 8.77% (0.039 0.04)
2-2 @ 4.79% (-0.012 -0.01)
Other @ 0.86%
Total : 27.38%
0-1 @ 11.11% (0.0099999999999998 0.01)
1-2 @ 8.22% (-0.016999999999999 -0.02)
0-2 @ 7.05% (-0.012 -0.01)
1-3 @ 3.47% (-0.019 -0.02)
0-3 @ 2.98% (-0.015 -0.02)
2-3 @ 2.03% (-0.011 -0.01)
1-4 @ 1.1% (-0.01 -0.01)
0-4 @ 0.95% (-0.007 -0.01)
Other @ 1.85%
Total : 38.75%

How you voted: Rayo Vallecano vs Villarreal

Rayo Vallecano
21.2%
Draw
23.5%
Villarreal
55.3%
132
Head to Head
Dec 12, 2021 1pm
Villarreal
2-0
Rayo Vallecano
Mandi (32'), Moreno (36' pen.)
Torres (23')

Catena (37'), Isi (38'), Garcia (61')
Jan 29, 2020 6pm
Rayo Vallecano
0-2
Villarreal

Milic (28')
Nino (84'), Cazorla (85')
Funes Mori (25'), Cazorla (80')
Mar 17, 2019 5.30pm
Nov 11, 2018 5.30pm
Apr 17, 2016 5.15pm
Rayo Vallecano
2-1
Villarreal
Guerra (7'), Miku (81')
Guerra (56'), Amaya (67')
Adrian (20')
Ruiz (57'), Marin (59'), Gaspar (71'), Leiva (80')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Athletic Bilbao00000000
2Atletico MadridAtletico00000000
3Celta Vigo00000000
4AlavesAlaves00000000
5Espanyol00000000
6Barcelona00000000
7Getafe00000000
8GironaGirona00000000
9Las PalmasLas Palmas00000000
10Leganes00000000
11Mallorca00000000
12Osasuna00000000
13Rayo Vallecano00000000
14Real BetisBetis00000000
15Real Madrid00000000
16Real Sociedad00000000
17Real ValladolidValladolid00000000
18Sevilla00000000
19Valencia00000000
20Villarreal00000000


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!