MX23RW : Saturday, June 15 10:31:02| >> :300:86500:86500:
Milan logo
Atalanta logo
Bologna logo
Cagliari logo
Empoli logo
Fiorentina logo
Frosinone logo
Genoa logo
Hellas Verona logo
Inter logo
Juventus logo
Lazio logo
Lecce logo
Monza
Napoli logo
Roma logo
Salernitana
Sassuolo logo
Torino logo
Udinese logo
Atalanta logo
Serie A | Gameweek 34
Apr 28, 2024 at 5pm UK
Gewiss Stadium
Empoli logo

Atalanta
2 - 0
Empoli

Pasalic (42' pen.), Lookman (51')
Scalvini (81')
FT(HT: 1-0)

Luperto (24'), Kovalenko (77')

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Sunday's Serie A clash between Atalanta BC and Empoli, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Atalanta 4-1 Fiorentina
Wednesday, April 24 at 8pm in Coppa Italia
Last Game: Empoli 1-0 Napoli
Saturday, April 20 at 5pm in Serie A

We said: Atalanta BC 2-0 Empoli

Averaging over two goals per game on home turf this term, Atalanta are strong favourites to prevail despite being between two crucial cup contests. The hosts' forwards have found form and fitness, so Gian Piero Gasperini can afford to rotate his resources and still consign Empoli to defeat. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Atalanta BC win with a probability of 68.37%. A draw had a probability of 18.6% and a win for Empoli had a probability of 13.03%.

The most likely scoreline for an Atalanta BC win was 2-0 with a probability of 11.47%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 1-0 (10.39%) and 2-1 (9.73%). The likeliest drawn scoreline was 1-1 (8.81%), while for a Empoli win it was 0-1 (3.99%). The actual scoreline of 2-0 was predicted with an 11.5% likelihood. Our team at Sports Mole and our data analysis both correctly predicted a 2-0 win for Atalanta BC in this match.

Result
Atalanta BCDrawEmpoli
68.37% (-0.021000000000001 -0.02) 18.6% (0.0040000000000013 0) 13.03% (0.014999999999999 0.01)
Both teams to score 50.88% (0.021000000000001 0.02)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
58.94% (0.0060000000000002 0.01)41.06% (-0.0069999999999979 -0.01)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
36.55% (0.0060000000000002 0.01)63.45% (-0.007000000000005 -0.01)
Atalanta BC Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
89.02% (-0.0039999999999907 -0)10.98% (0.0039999999999996 0)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
64.77% (-0.0079999999999956 -0.01)35.23% (0.007000000000005 0.01)
Empoli Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
57.15% (0.024999999999999 0.02)42.84% (-0.027999999999999 -0.03)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
20.84% (0.022000000000002 0.02)79.16% (-0.022999999999996 -0.02)
Score Analysis
    Atalanta BC 68.36%
    Empoli 13.03%
    Draw 18.6%
Atalanta BCDrawEmpoli
2-0 @ 11.47% (-0.0099999999999998 -0.01)
1-0 @ 10.39%
2-1 @ 9.73% (0.00099999999999945 0)
3-0 @ 8.45% (-0.0060000000000002 -0.01)
3-1 @ 7.17%
4-0 @ 4.67% (-0.0049999999999999 -0)
4-1 @ 3.96% (-0.0010000000000003 -0)
3-2 @ 3.04% (0.0030000000000001 0)
5-0 @ 2.06% (-0.0019999999999998 -0)
5-1 @ 1.75% (-0.0010000000000001 -0)
4-2 @ 1.68% (0.0010000000000001 0)
Other @ 4%
Total : 68.36%
1-1 @ 8.81% (0.0030000000000001 0)
0-0 @ 4.7% (-0.0019999999999998 -0)
2-2 @ 4.12% (0.0030000000000001 0)
Other @ 0.97%
Total : 18.6%
0-1 @ 3.99% (0.0020000000000002 0)
1-2 @ 3.73% (0.004 0)
0-2 @ 1.69% (0.002 0)
2-3 @ 1.17% (0.002 0)
1-3 @ 1.06% (0.002 0)
Other @ 1.4%
Total : 13.03%

How you voted: Atalanta vs Empoli

Atalanta BC
87.1%
Draw
11.3%
Empoli
1.6%
62
Head to Head
Oct 30, 2023 5.30pm
Gameweek 10
Empoli
0-3
Atalanta

Maleh (33'), Cacace (35'), Gyasi (69'), Fazzini (85')
Scamacca (5', 51'), Koopmeiners (29')
Mar 17, 2023 7.45pm
Gameweek 27
Atalanta
2-1
Empoli
De Roon (58'), Hojlund (86')
Ebuehi (44')
Oct 30, 2022 11.30am
Gameweek 12
Empoli
0-2
Atalanta
Hateboer (32'), Lookman (59')
May 21, 2022 7.45pm
Gameweek 38
Atalanta
0-1
Empoli

Freuler (58')
Stulac (79')
Stojanovic (45')
Oct 17, 2021 2pm
Gameweek 8
Empoli
1-4
Atalanta
Di Francesco (30')
Marchizza (37'), Stulac (46'), Bandinelli (67')
Ilicic (11', 26'), Viti (49' og.), Zapata (89')
Freuler (70'), Luis Palomino (80')
rhs 2.0
Euro 2024 fixtures header
Saturday, June 15
 
5pm
 
8pm
Sunday, June 16
 
5pm
 
8pm
Monday, June 17
 
2pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
Tuesday, June 18
 
5pm
Wednesday, June 19
 
2pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
Thursday, June 20
 
2pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
Group Stage
Spain
vs.
Italy
Friday, June 21
 
2pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
Saturday, June 22
 
5pm
 
8pm
Sunday, June 23
 
8pm
 
8pm
Monday, June 24
 
8pm
 
8pm
Tuesday, June 25
 
5pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
 
8pm
Wednesday, June 26
 
5pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
 
8pm
Saturday, June 29
Sunday, June 30
Monday, July 1
Tuesday, July 2
Friday, July 5
Saturday, July 6
Tuesday, July 9
Tables header RHS

Group A

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Germany Germany11003
2 Hungary Hungary00000
3 Switzerland Switzerland00000
4 Scotland flag Scotland10010

Group B

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Albania national flag Albania00000
2 Croatia Croatia00000
3 Italy Italy00000
4 Spain Spain00000

Group C

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Denmark Denmark00000
2 England flag England00000
3 Serbia Serbia00000
4 Slovenia Slovenia00000

Group D

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Austria Austria00000
2 France France00000
3 Netherlands Netherlands00000
4 Poland Poland00000

Group E

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Belgium Belgium00000
2 Romania Romania00000
3 Slovakia Slovakia00000
4 Ukraine Ukraine00000

Group F

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Czech Republic Czech Republic00000
2 Georgia Georgia00000
3 Portugal Portugal00000
4 Turkey Turkey00000


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!